Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 8: Veggie Tales

Day 8: Veggie Tales.

Okay. So I know the name of my blog is really cheesy. REALLY. I almost changed it, but that would be incredibly self conscious, which is something i am trying to avoid with this blog. Let me explain why  I named this what I did.

When I was a child, my parents bought every single VeggieTale VHS possible. This is not an exaggeration. We have a trunk FULL of VeggieTales. At least 20. We loved those movies (and we still do). They were a big part of my childhood.

In the Madame Blueberry episode, Madame Blueberry wants everything that she can't have. She goes to StuffMart to get more stuff but comes across a little girl who has nothing but is thankful for an apple pie she had. So simple, yet she is very thankful. The little girl goes on to sing this song:

I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground
For His love that's all around
That's why I say thanks everyday!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cuz He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks everyday!

Still cheesy? Yes. But it is the idea that counts. Think about it. A thankful heart is a happy heart. It is so true. My heart will never be satisfied with silly stuff from StuffMart. It is these little things that make me happy.

So I am thankful.
I thank God for this day (It was another great day to be alive),
For the sun in the sky (it was GORGEOUS today. so wonderful, so what i needed),
For my mom and my dad (this is an understatement),
For my piece of apple pie (uhh, try pumpkin)!
For our home on the ground (and my new bedroom Ill be moving into this weekend)
For His love that's all around, (Your love O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies (Psalm 36:5),
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment