Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 11: New Bedroom

Day 11. New Bedroom.

Its official. I am all moved it. If you didn't know, my dad turned out laundry room into my room. It is tiny and small, but I like it. Surprisingly, I have a ton of room. Actually, it is really, really empty right now.This was nice because my old room that I shared with Hannah was becoming way to crowded because I had so much stuff laying around that I was supposed to take to college with me.

Even though I am moved in, there is still a few things to do. We still need to finish the trim around the window. We need to put the outlets in the wall (i have nothing to plug my computer in). We need to install the lights (above my bed and put in my Christmas lights). We need to mount all my picture frames. We have a lot to do....WAHHHH.

Here is a little peek at what we have done so far. I'll post more once everything is situated, but for now, here is a little looksey.







So that is my little abode for now. I am craving lights and pictures on the wall. It is really dark in here compared to what I normally sleep in. Its kind of sad. I love the bright lights of my old room.

Hannah. What will I do? We have shared a room since I could remember. Apparently my parents gave us our own rooms at one point and we both literally screamed and cried the entire night. Needless to say, we have always shared a room. And I have loved it. Now that we are both so busy that is sometimes the only place we see each other.Alas, I need quiet space to work and Hannah needs to go to bed earlier. So I think this is best in the long run, but right now it is a little sad. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my room. It will just be different. 

I am so thankful for this. I am so thankful my dad did all this work for me. This was no small task. This was a major undertaking and of course my dad being the amazing fellow he is wanted to make it really special. He took it a step beyond and designed me the "princess cove". My bed sits in this cozy little nook he made for me and it is adorable. I love him. And my mom, too. She was the one who pushed him to get it done so soon. I am so blessed.

But yes. Here it goes. My first night in my new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment