Today was perfect. The air was cold. The sun was shining. Today was lovely. Fall might be my favorite season. Or winter. I don't know. It's a tie. But I love fall for many reasons. Today is a testament why:
1. More bed sheets. Fall=cold=more blankets=cozy. Last night I added my quilt to my stack of six blankets I sleep with. It was the coziest feeling I have felt in a while. I fell right to sleep.
2. Fun Coincidences. How strange is this...a nice boy in my Lit class is going to Biola too. Seriously. What a small world. Oh. And he wears TOMS. And he smells good. Which is kinda rare at Chemeketa.
3. Cardigans. Today I broke out my favorite old man cardigan. It is a perfect gray color and it is long and cozy. Last year I'm pretty sure I never took it off. I have a feeling this year will be the same.
4. Wind. I woke up this morning and saw sunshine. Expecting it to be warm, I walked outside and it was FREEZING (hence the need for the cardigan). It was chilly and it made me shiver, but I love it. I love being really cold then warming up.
5. FOOOOOOOD. I got home from work today and my mother saved me some of my favorite fall foods. Blueberry muffins, Swedish meatballs, green bean casserole. We topped it off with a pumpkin creamcheese cake roll and dark chocolate raspberry hot chocolate. YUMMMMMM. Seriously. I wish I could slice my belly open and eat it all over again.
6. Books. I love reading. Last night Hannah picked me up a new book while she was at Borders. I can't wait to get into it.
7. Clean bedrooms. This cozy time of year has inspired me to finally clean my room. It was a mess. Possibly the worst it has ever been. I kept telling myself it was only because I am about to move rooms, but no. It was really, really bad. Like so bad my suitcase was still not put away from California-bad. Alas, it is clean and I am cozy.
I love sooooo much more about fall. But today just got me so excited for this wonderful season. What do you love about fall??
|Told you it was bad. |
Notice how the only clear space is where the door opens...