Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 26: Christy

Day 26. Christy.

What a day. I spent my entire day in Eugene watching the marching band festival that both Hannah and Christy and Tim were in. Seriously. How did this happen?? I loved it. I have a new respect for marching band kids and they all did really, really good. Ahh, I can't even imagine being in marching band myself. It is so incredibly difficult looking.

But anyway, as we were driving in to the stadium, Tim and Christy's band was just about to leave the parking lot to go on the field. I frantically looked for my precious cousins and quickly spotted my darling Christy. It was like magic. We both saw each other and I saw her sweet little face light up and shout my name in excitement. It was also torture because we have not seen each other for 4 months. And we still could not be together. But the look on her face was so priceless. It just filled my heart with love. 

We ended up running into each other later after her band was over. I was able to give her and Tim quick hugs, but we didn't get time to chat. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Uggg. But I am happy to see them, still.

Oh, and I am happy because I have my favorite Italian food sitting in my tummy right now. Seriously, if you are ever in Eugene you HAVE to go to Beppe & Giannis Trattoria. So delicious.

But yes. I am so proud of all my favorite band people. It is hard work and I felt so honored to be able to watch as all their hard work paid off. What a lovely day.

Enjoy this lovely picture of us from a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment