Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 13: Devotions

Day 13. Devotions.

A little fact about me: the Bible overwhelms me. I never know where to start. I struggle just picking it up and reading random sections. I want so badly to be able to read it and understand it and have it work perfectly. But it doesn't. But I also think that is the mystery of the Bible. For that reason, I pursue it.

Another little fact: I DONT STICK WITH THINGS. I always go into things with good intentions but never follow through.

Soooooo, these 2 little things have been HUGE roadblocks in my spirituality.

Until lately.

I was at Powells a month ago and found this little thing:
It is called Solo. In this book contains snippets from the entire New Testament. It pretty much takes the biggest parts of each Chapter and created a devotional out of it. But, this is in the Lectio divina format which I LOVE. That pretty much means there is a reading passage, then a series of prompts to think about, followed by prayer prompts, followed by ways to apply it to everyday life. Oh, and the icing on the cake? It is in The Message translations. Which means....super easy to understand (I'm not saying this is better than reading the actual passages of the Bible--it just makes it much more comprehensible). I am loving this.

Oh, the BEST, BEST, BEST PART?!?!

TODAY MARKS 1 MONTH OF DOING THIS EVERYDAY.

I am so proud. I have not skipped one day.

I am feeling the impact as well.

This is so encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment