Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 50: A Happy Heart

Day 50. A Happy Heart.

Holy moly, I did it. I really did it. I have been a successful blogger for 50+ days. The whole point of this blog was to point out the happy things in my day because, as we all know, a thankful heart is a happy heart. This entire weekend has been one filled with family, friends, love, and many blessings. Before I get too far, here is my Thanksgiving day in pictures:





Flying plastic meat.

Toe thumbs.

It was so great being with people I love. That is the one thing in the whole world that gives me the greatest satisfaction. I love parties. I love people/family. Combine the two, it is a sweet, sweet combination. With only a week and a half of school left I feel like I have been given the energy to power through what I know will be an incredibly stressful week.

So here I am. Trying to figure out what all this means. All I know is I am thankful. So thankful. Here is a small taste of what I am feeling.

1. Jesus. I have no idea what my life would be like right now at this point without Him. Just saying, I have enough issues but it honestly scares me to think what my life would be without my beautiful Savior.
2. My family. I can't even put into words how blessed I am. I truly cannot even comprehend how good I have it.
3. 2011. I am ready for a fresh start. 2010 would probably be classified as the most bittersweet time in my life. January 2010-August 2010 was just a strange year of loss of people, relationships, and spirit. Late August was a turning point for me. I really had to let go of everything I had planned for my little life and realized I need to trust God to take care of me. So here I am. Nowhere close to where I thought I would be at this time last year. But I am loving it. I have been so much more happy then I have been in a while. Not that this whole thing is about me being happy, but I just am feeling it.
4. Sunshine. This is weird for me. Up till this year, I have always loved the rain, the dark, the cold. I have been longing for the sun, the golden sunsets, and all the beauty that comes with it. Is this God's way of telling me I belong in California?? I'm hoping so.
5. Food. I love food.
6. Music.
7. Crafts.
8. Coincidences.

God is so good to me.

So what now??

I have decided to continue blogging. NOT EVERYDAY THOUGH. I love blogging but it has been such a major task/source of procrastination. But I will keep blogging. Here is my new plan: new name, new layout, new ideas. Starting December 8th, I will be sewing/creating like crazy, for example. I need to blog all this as a way to motivate me to finish the tasks I have before me. So that is my plan.

But thank you. It makes me happy to see that people actually read this. It is kind of silly but I enjoy it. I totally encourage everyone to start blogging. I have really loved doing it.

A little boy I babysit once told me "Melissa Miller, my heart is telling me I love you". Needless to say, that made me melt. It was so sweet and just a picture of how our heart loves others. So. What is my heart telling me?

My heart is telling me I am happy.
 My heart is telling me I am content.
 My heart is telling me I love Jesus.
 My heart is telling me I am blessed.
 My heart is telling me I am thankful.
So incredibly thankful.


1 comment: